Friday 31 October 2008

WWW Ethos

Burton Joyce Village TimeLine Diary - serious and amusing -
-
WWW Ethos and Blogs !
-
As most enthusiastic users of the internet agree and are aware of, the www ethos, is for the FREE, unfettered, transfer and communication of information, opinions, research and knowledge, through-out cyberspace, traversing all boundaries, languages, colours, class and creeds etc.
-
This medium is unique in its instantaneous transfer of the written word, visuals and audios etc. Yes! It does involve “renting” access to cyberspace, but Hey! so does domestic TV, car use, newspapers etc., etc., Even so £ for £ the Internet and www must be extraordinarily good value for money.
-
Over the last couple of years we have seen an explosion in the creation of the number of BLOGS on the www. Well, first of all and for the uninitiated, in particular, BLOG is the abbreviation used for a “WEB LOG.”. -
It is a writer’s vehicle for airing his or her views/comments, and in my case the “BURTON JOYCE BLOG” is my own chronicle or diary of news, view, faces and places related to Burton Joyce village.
-
Why do I attempt, at this point of the existence/ethos of the BURTON JOYCE BLOG publications. Why do I consider it necessary to bring some sort clarification to the content ?
-
A couple of months ago I commented on certain activities which were taking place in the village on August Bank Holiday. As a direct a result, a after a long delay -infact only a couple of days ago I received a one line e mail - from a fellow villager - the content chastised me over their interpretation of one of my Blog comments. I should add that the subject of the particular comment was not just the opinion of myself, but also that of a couple more villagers . I do admit that I frequently solicit other villagers’ opinions, views and comments on issues and events which occur in BJ. However, in this instance it was not necessary, for it was freely given to me by a couple in the Co-op Car Park.

I want to stress strongly the “www ethos” in that, information and interests in local affairs - current, historical, genealogy and places of significance etc., should be freely given, exchanged, investigated and administrated. - after all, this has been happening for ages past, for more importantly, where would the devopment of the human race/culture be otherwise. ? Donations freely given, is the position for any finance required in local voluntary affairs .. .. in my opinion
-
Let me give a further and classic example of this www. ethos . The “Burton Joyce Interactive Tour”. created and administered by a B J villager (
www.bjtour.org.uk ) is a comprehensive, non-commercial project was specially created for the village, on his own initiative, in his own time, at his own expense, and is now made freely available to everyone, everywhere via the www. - What an enlightened, generous and unselfish contribution to local affairs.. There are many others who also contribute with this ethos, long may it live

I rest my case .. .. .. I have no regrets for going on .. and on .. and on ..and on. for all contributions will be gratefully received and digested otherwise ..

To those “who cannot stand the heat in the kitchen" - stay outside , eat/digest the food cooked and served” you will ENJOY .. .. .. .. .. .. I insist - Ha haa! ;-)
.-

No comments: